After the designation received by the UNESCO as Creative City of Gastronomy (more information here), the municipality of Bergamo, the San Matteo Association and ITKI-US, under the patronage of Lombardy Region, organized the event: “Bergamo is UNESCO Creative City”.
The event took place on November 14th in the splendid location of “Grattacielo Pirelli”, headquarter of Lombardy’s regional council.
During the event intervened:
- Alessandro Fermi, President of regional council;
- Giorgio Gori, Mayor of Bergamo;
- Francesco Maroni, President of the Association San Matteo;
- Michele Corti: University Professor and author of the book edited by ITKIUS “The Cheese Valleys: “The Cheese Valleys – The Birthplace of the Orobic Cheese-making Tradition”;
- Giuseppe Biagini: founder of ITKI-US
After the speeches, was offered a tasting based on Cheese Valleys’ local products.
For more information about the editorial project “The Cheese Valleys – The Birthplace of the Orobic Cheese-making Tradition” click here.